Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Pudding Cake- Great even for non vegans!

My sister Ann is always sending me awesome recipes. Sometimes I try them, other times I file them away for “some other time” and usually never return to them. When she sent me a fat free, fiber free, Chocolate desert!?! I knew that this one was recipe to try. And pronto! The recipe is from Fat Free Vegan and although most vegan dishes are latent with fiber the desert section of the site is great for someone on a low residue diet (like myself)

I am hard on desserts, I want it to taste great and have a nice texture. I love cakes and cookies, creams and candies but on my fat free diet I cannot have most of those things… Believe me when I say I will be eating this desert even when I can eat everything. REALY it is better than a lot of other deserts I eat all the time. AND its fat free what’s not to love…. Even more to the point it is super easy to prepare and stays great tin fridge, it’s made ahead of time so it would e a good thing to make on the weekend and just munch on all week! Having a yummy snack to munch on all week was the plan when I made the cake… my mom, dad and I ate the whole thing in about 15 hours… it was that good… I am going to try a double recipe next time. Stay tuned!

I also want to try to make it sugar free for my dad who is diabetic, aren’t we a fun bunch to cook for. I diabetic a girl who can’t eat fat fiber or dairy….

Go in to your kitchen and make this recipe right now!

Chocolate Pudding Cake

From: Annice Grinberg Posted to fatfree.com

1 c flour
2 T apple sauce
1/2 c water
1/8 t salt
2/3 c sugar
1 t vanilla
2 T cocoa
2 t baking powder


2/3 c brown sugar
1/4 c cocoa


1 3/4 c hot water

Mix the first eight ingredients together. Pour into a sprayed 8″ square baking pan. Mix the brown sugar and 1/4 c cocoa. Sprinkle over the batter. Pour the hot water over the entire top surface.

(it will look like you did something horribly wrong at this point, fear not!)

Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. The topping sinks through the cake to form a pudding layer at the bottom. This cake tastes so rich it’s hard to believe there’s no fat or eggs in it. We prefer it chilled, but it can be served at room temperature, or even warm, if you can’t wait. It will keep for several days (but not in my house!), but DO NOT FREEZE. If you do, the pudding will turn very watery.

http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/02/28/chocolate-pudding-cake/


No comments:

Post a Comment